Best Restaurant Website Design: 5 Features You Can't Do Without
Since restaurants are such big businesses, it’s not surprising that many have their own websites to advertise themselves and entice potential customers to visit their physical locations.
While there’s no one size fits all approach when it comes to restaurant website design, there are a few features every site should include, whether it’s in-depth or minimalistic in its approach. Here are five features you can’t do without when designing the best restaurant website design.
1) mobile-friendly design In today's world, most of your traffic will likely be from a mobile device. So it's important to have a mobile-friendly design that looks great on all devices.
Your website should also load quickly, so visitors aren't left waiting and looking at a spinning wheel while they wait for the page to load.
If you're not able to build the site yourself, you can find a web designer who specializes in restaurant websites and who can help create an elegant site with the features you need.
2) easily accessible menus Your customers are looking for two things when they visit your restaurant website: your menu and your contact details. Make sure both are easy to find.
Your menu should be prominently displayed, and your contact information should be easy to access if your customers want to make a reservation or place an order. Make it clear what time you're open and if you offer take-out services.
Be sure to include at least one photo of the food items from your menu, so people know what they're getting into!
Other relevant information to consider are Refreshments, Payment Options, and Parking Instructions.
3) clear contact details Your website is one of your best marketing tools. It's a 24/7 marketing machine that can help you generate leads and grow your business. But only if you have a clear call to action.
Your website should have your restaurant's name, address, and phone number prominently displayed so potential customers can easily find you. Include links to your menu and online ordering page, and make sure your site is mobile-friendly so customers can access it from anywhere.
Your contact information should be available on every page if people want to ask questions or order food for takeout or delivery.
4) easy to understand directions A great restaurant website will have easy-to-understand directions to help potential customers find your location.
But don't forget the other important information potential customers want to know, like your hours of operation and menu. Including this information on your website will help you attract and keep customers coming back.
As a restaurateur, you'll also want to make sure that your website includes a way for people to order online or pick up orders in person. That's because it can be difficult for busy restaurant staff to answer the phone or field online orders all day long while keeping food preparation moving smoothly.
5) pictures of the restaurant Good quality photos are important for any website, but they're especially important for restaurants. After all, potential customers want to see what your restaurant looks like and what kind of food you serve. So make sure to include plenty of high-quality photos of your restaurant interior and exterior, as well as some of your signature dishes.
Summary Tips for Best Restaurant Website Design 1. A mobile-friendly website is a must for any restaurant wanting to succeed in the digital age. 2. Make sure your menus are easily accessible and up-to-date. 3. Include contact details and directions on your website. 4. High-quality pictures of your food and restaurant are essential. 5. Use social media to your advantage by promoting your website across all platforms.
Need a New Restaurant Website?
See our pricing, portfolio & get your FREE website mockup!